Sunday, March 9, 2014

Alt Scarlet Witch

I've been playing Marvel: Avengers Alliance for close to 2 years now. I remember the Avengers film got me hooked with this game. After lots of spec ops, PVP seasons, nerfs and crazies that went with the game, I've never left it. Well, most of my friends did. I don't blame them. It feels like Playdom is in for the money. But who cares, I still enjoy it as it is.

What I was really looking forward is the alt costume for Wanda. The Scarlet Witch has limited design so when I've heard they'll be releasing an alt for her, I really got excited. A year later, we got this.




From what I've Googled, the Romani costume is from Turbulence - Avengers vol 8 #3, what she wore to get in touch with her gypsy heritage. I really don't know. I'm not a big Marvel buff. But this really reminds me of Wonder Woman. I don't know how, but it does. Really?! SRSLY?! This doesn't even stray much from her Classic costume. I know you can't draw her in any other color other than red. Scarlet IS red duh. But they could've chosen any other design. So let's revisit her other costumes.


Classic Wanda. We already have this in-game. Just a reminder that simplicity IS beauty. She wore this during the AvX event.



House of M. Her most hated one-liner, wearing an equally hateable gown. Come on?! Who are you wearing, Wanda? She could've just tweeted that and averted a mutant catastrophe, but noooo! She had to open her mouth. hahah



Ultimate Wanda. Photo by lambchild via DeviantArt. Plain but sexy.



Evolution Wanda. I don't like it that much. Well, I don't like it at all. But this is a stark departure from the Classic one and it should work.



Marvel Cinema Universe Wanda. As designed by madarivian via DeviantArt. We know MCU would always design their characters closer to reality - what you might practically wear nowadays if you were, say given a superhuman powers from the red sun or something like that. You know what I mean. If I were Wanda, I wouldn't be caught wearing that gypsy costume.



The Crossing Wanda. Her red and black costume during the The Crossing event on Avengers. Supposed to be mystical. I'm now confused what color her chaos powers are--is it pink, red, purple or green?



Marvel Now! Wanda. Art by vylla via Tumblr. Her more recent costumes in the Marvel timeline. We're lucky if MCU would design her close to this. I really wish MAA could've used this design instead.

I know I'm missing a few other costumes. Til then, No. More. Rants. For me, at least. So, what's your favorite Wanda costume?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online